Proudly Protecting & Serving Our Local Community
Chesilhurst PD Internal Affairs
The Internal Affairs Unit of the Chesilhurst Police Department is responsible for ensuring that members of the department meet the highest standards of professional conduct. The Internal Affairs Unit is also responsible for the thorough investigation of all complaints of misconduct against members of the Chesilhurst Police Department.
The Internal Affairs Unit can be contacted by telephone at: 856-767-2768 Ext. 1002 or 1003. Citizens may also visit the Chesilhurst Police Department located at 201 Grant Avenue Chesilhurst, N.J. 08089.
- 2021 Professional Standards Summary Report
- 2021 Annual Major Discipline Reporting Form
- 2020 Professional Standards Summary Report
- June 15, 2020 to December 31, 2020 Annual Major Discipline Reporting Form
- 2019 Professional Standards Summary Report
- 2018 Professional Standards Summary Report
- Drug Testing Policy
- Early Warning System
The Four A’s of Internal Affairs
- ANYONE – Any individual must be permitted to file an Internal Affairs complaint. It can be a victim, a friend of the victim, a parent, a juvenile (with or without parents), and illegal alien (we are not permitted to ask about immigration status) or it can be anonymous. ANYONE means ANYONE.
- ANY WAY – An Internal Affairs complaint can be filed in ANY WAY. It could be filed by phone, by letter, written on a napkin, in person…Whatever is best for the person filing. We cannot make someone show up in person or swear the statement to initiate the complaint process.
- ANY TIME – A complaint must be taken regardless of the hour or day of the week. At no time should a complainant be told to return later, even if the IA officer is unavailable. ANY law enforcement officer or civilian employee must take a complaint.
- ANYTHING – As long as a complaint has sufficient factual information, the complaint must be investigated. It is predicated upon the victim’s view of the situation.
LAW ENFORCEMENT MUST AVOID ANY LANGUAGE THAT IS DESIGNED TO DISSUADE SOMEBODY FROM FILING A COMPLAINT .
Chesilhurst Police Department Citizen Complaint Information Sheet
The members of the Chesilhurst Police Department are committed to providing law enforcement services that are fair, effective and impartially applied. It is in the best interest of everyone that your complaint about the performance of an individual officer is resolved fairly and promptly. The Police Department has formal procedures for investigating your complaint. These procedures ensure fairness and protect the rights of both citizens and law enforcement officers.
It is unlawful to provide information in this matter which you do not believe to be true. Those who provide false information to members of the Internal Affairs Unit will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.